Regular feeding of fishes and invertebrates can lead to a dangerous concentration of nitrate. It is beyond dispute that biological removal of nitrate makes a lot of sense in the marine as well as in the freshwater aquarium.
Biological nitrate removal
Anaerobic bacteria can reduce nitrate into other substances. This can only happen under anaerobic water conditions (free of oxygen). To ensure an effective biological nitrate removal certain pre-conditions must be fulfilled
- Anaerobic water conditions in the nitrate filter through a ‘drop by drop’ water supply.
- Measurable nitrate content in the aquarium water.
- The aerobic filtration system must be well established
- Before connecting the Deltec sulphur nitrate filter to the aquarium the filter should be thoroughly rinsed to remove any dusty particles.
- Connect the inlet of the microfilter to a pump or bypass of the aquarium. The outlet should not be led directly into the aquarium.
- Adjust the water flow initially to add. 1 drop/second and allow the filter to run like this for at least 2-3 weeks, checking the flow frequently.
During the „running in“ period, the nitrite (NO2) and nitrate (NO3) level can increase measured at the outlet of the filter. This is not dangerous as long as the aerobic filter system and the aquarium is mature. Also the pH level can be very low. It is therefore recommended to run the outlet into a container filled with a limestone media as used in calcium reactors.
- The „running in“ period for the Deltec Sulphur nitrate filter is relatively long, it can take up to 8 weeks or even longer!
- Measure the nitrite (NO2) and nitrate (NO3) levels on a regular basis at the filter outlet. If both, nitrite and nitrate levels are 0 mg, increase the flow slightly (for instance 2 drops per second) and again measure NO2/NO3 at the outlet.
- The increase of the water flow should be done in stages in small amounts at the time in order to establish the maximum possible flow for the system.
- Do not increase the flow too much, since this might „tip“ the filter and cause undesirable reactions. If this happens, the filter has to be restarted with a flow of 1 drop/second.
Bank payments: All finnish banks have payment buttons at their disposal.
Credit card payments: You can pay online with PayPal, Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Debit MasterCard and American Express cards. The online store uses international Verified By Visa, MasterCard SecureCode and American Express SafeKey authentication services.
Mobile payment methods: MobilePay and Apple Pay
Invoice and installment services: services are provided by Klarna and through Paytrail by Collector and Jousto.
Your order will be delivered as a Postal package. Delivery costs in Finland 4,90€ when the purchase value is 1-29,99€. When the purchase value is 30€ or more, the delivery costs are free max 30kg.
In addition, you can choose home delivery in Finland for 9€/delivery.
Our most common delivery times to Finland are 1-3 business days from the time of ordering, depending on the order and delivery method. Note! Does not apply to custom-made products.
For postal parcels, the tracking ID is automatically sent via email when the order is left from our logistik center.
Your order will be delived as GLS standard. Delivery cost will be seen in products page when you add the products to your shopping card.
Our most common delivery times in EU area is 2-4 business days from the ordering, depending on the order. Note! Does not apply to custom-made products. Please note ! If the product is out of stock in our own warehouse, the normal delivery time is usually max 10 business days.
For GLS parcels, the tracking ID is automatically sent via email when the order is left from our logistik center.
OUTSIDE OF EU
your order will be delivered as DHL Express. Delivery cost will be seen in products page when you add the products to your shopping card.
Our most common delivery times outside of EU areas is 2-4 business days from the ordering, depending on the order. Note! Does not apply to custom-made products. Please note ! If the ordered product is out of stock in our own warehouse, the normal delivery time is usually max 10 business days.
For DHL Express parcels, the tracking ID is automatically sent via email when the is left from our logistik center.
On heavy orders additional cost will be applied.
All products prices are VAT:0% with outside EU orders, if checkout is not automatically give these prices, please send email: email@example.com
Extra custom duties may be applied in all orders outside EU area
Exchange and return policy in: Finland, Sweden, Estonia
You have the right to exchange or return all or part of your order within 14 days of receiving the order. Note! does not apply to ordering and custom made products.
The right of return only applies to unused and salable products with product labels in the original packaging.
The subscriber is responsible for paying the refund. The return fee in 5,90€.
We deliver all orders by post. Posti stores packages for 7 days at all its pick-up points. If the package is not picked up during this time, it will be returned to the sender. An unclaimed shipment is not a return under the Consumer Protection Act. In these cases, we will automatically charge 15€ for postage and handling in connection with the refund.
According to the return, include the following information:
a copy of the Aqua Nomad order confirmation
The return address varies depending on the product to be returned, please contact us before returning firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not accept returns more than 14 days after delivery. Once the refund is accepted, the money will be refunded directly to your account upon receipt and processing of the refund.
Problem situations during transport and for defective products:
If the product has been lost during transport, damaged or the wrong product has been deliveded to the customer, the customer must report the error immediately to email@example.com
Notification of incorrect delivery or defective product must be made within 14 days of receipt of the product. If the package is damaged in the mail, a complaint must be made about the product to the post office immediately.